Pacific West considers your individual privacy to be of the highest importance and will not use any data entered by you or obtained by us in the operation or use of this website for any improper purpose.
Unless we have advised you otherwise, we do not collect personal information from you unless you knowingly provide it to us. As a general rule, we will only collect personal information where it is necessary for a function or activity which is performed via this website, some examples of which are set out in this Policy.
From time-to-time we may run competitions, promotions, or marketing, via this website.
If you decide to enter into any of these competitions or promotions, you may be required to enter your personal information such as your name, email address, and/or phone number.
If you decide to subscribe to our mailing list, we will keep a record of the name and email address you provide. In entering these details, you acknowledge that we may send you information to the email address provided relating to the Ocean Chef product range, news, recipes, and/or any offers we may have relevant to the Ocean Chef or Pacific West brands.
We will not sell any name or email address entered by you to our mailing list to a third party for the purpose of that third party conducting direct marketing.
Every email sent by us will include the option to unsubscribe from the Pacific West mailing list.
The information that Pacific West collects through your use of this website will only be used for the purpose it was obtained or where we have your consent to use it for any other specific purpose.
Examples of potential uses of this information may include:
• In the event that you subscribe to our Mailing List, to send you emails or newsletters regarding our various Ocean Chef product range, news, recipes, and/or any offers;
• Where you enter into any promotions or competitions through this website, by contacting you (which may include sending you emails, letters, or by telephoning you) in relation to the specific competition or promotion you have chosen to enter;
• To provide internal charts regarding general user activity on this website for our own internal purposes in analysing user preferences, usage patterns, and/or to calculate the total number of users who visit the website;
• To conduct internal consumer research and marketing (but not third-party direct marketing).
In order for us to assess the usage and optimise the performance of this website, we may need to analyse the behavior and activity of visitors to this website. However, Pacific West will only use this information internally to improve our products and services and/or to make the website easier to use.
We do not sell any personal information obtained by us to unrelated third parties (such as your email address, name, or telephone number).
When you look at our site, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) may make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
• Your server address;
• The date and time of your visit to the site;
• The pages accessed and documents you downloaded;
• The site that directed or referred you to us eg. a search engine;
• The type of browser you used;
• Your top-level domain name (for example .com, .au, .gov, .uk etc).
No attempt will be made to identify you individually, except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may produce a warrant to inspect our ISP’s logs.
The National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
On request by you, we will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you (unless an exception under the Privacy Act applies, such as where doing so would be unlawful). We will process your request for access to your personal information in a reasonable time and may recover from you our reasonable cost of providing the information to you. If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will explain our reasons for doing so and will inform you of any exceptions under the Privacy Act we have relied upon for our actions.